Sewage systems in any household form the base of that house. When you want to live somewhere, there are certain basic necessities you need to fulfill as a homeowner. This includes taking care of your homes kitchen essentials and functions including your sewage systems. However, there can be situations where these sewage systems stop working abruptly due to malfunction. The reason for this is that their may be a blockage or a clog in the drainage system. Let us take a look at some of the ways in which these clogs can be handled.
Ways of minimizing sewage clogs:
- Find out the reason for this sewage blockage: It is very important to find out where the problem lies. If you face a clog in the main sewage line, don’t wait for it to get cleaned. Rather, inspect the main line and see the reason for blockage. There are times when extended tree roots in the underground can get in the way of these pipelines. That can cause clogging of the main sewage pipe. When it has come to this, clogging of the main sewage pipe, you should consider requesting the help of a professional plumber.
- Do not wash off certain things down the drain: If you don’t want your pipelines to get clogged, it is important that you do not flush down certain things. This includes oil and grease. Oil and grease can lead to accumulation of dirt on either sides of the pipelines. These cause clogs and eventually a damaged sewage system. Do not flush off cement water or concrete water down the drains. As you know, these will go down, freeze and block the whole sewage system.
- Use filters for your sinks: Every sink will have an outlet through which the water flows down the pipelines. If possible, use a filter in the beginning of these outlets. Hence, any bigger particle that can go down and get stuck in the pipeline doesn’t get through. It stops then and there. As a result, be it hair in the wash room or vegetable slices in the kitchen sink, none of them pass through the sewage systems.
- Know where to dispose your daily waste: You can never flush down everything you do not need. Maintain different waste bins for various types of wastes. You can keep one waste bin for your wash room, one for your kitchen and one for other house wastes. This will ensure that you don’t require to flush them down the drain.
- Regular checks: You need to check the pipelines regularly. With time, pipes and sewage lines get worn out. Repairs and replacements make sure your sewers are working properly again. This will also ensure that you have latest technologies with changing landscapes to avoid sewage problems.
Finally, you need to be aware and make sure people are aware of their sewers. If you see that sewage problems are happening because of carelessness of kids or other members in the family, you need to make them aware of the do’s and don’ts to keep the sewage systems working. A bit of care and cleansing save you time, money, and the nightmare of blocked sewage systems in the house.