- Daily we often encounter unpleasant situations but having to deal with a clogged or overflowing toilet stays down the list. The stench of a backup or clogged toilet is enough to ensure you pay attention to your toilet maintenance and quickly identify potential signs of clogging. Quite a few situations are embarrassing and disturbing like a toilet that refuses to flush and worse in a friend’s house or private occasions. Not a single a day will pass without you not visiting the bathroom, making it one of the most utilized fixtures in our homes and business.
- Significant causes of toilet clogging emanate majorly from toilet tanks and bowls including the bowl part extending into the septic tank via the drain. Insight to understanding what causes it, how to prevent it, how to fix it properly, and essential steps to ensure it doesn’t reoccur are discuss in the following paragraphs. Toilet clogging is a broad term used to describe slow toilet, blocked bowl drain and clogging in the tank. Notably, blocked bowl (drain which is aid by too much tissue paper and sanitary pads), blocked plumbing vent, the problem with the main sewer line, blocked trap, non-flush-able items are the most frequent cause of clogging in toilets. In rare cases, freezing weather or snow can result to slow flushing or clogging
A-plus plumbing are here
- To the Rescue! feel safe in Van Nuys. There are simple tricks you can employ to get rid of the clog in toilets permanently. Toilet mode of operation relies on the force of gravity. In managing clogged toilet at its initial stage, it is usually advised to wait for an extended period (6 to 7 hours) and try flushing. But if the situation persists pour in some hot water,(definitely not pots of hot or warm water) into the china toilet bowl, leave for some hours to allow loosening of clogging materials. Preferably, the addition of soap or dishwasher detergent into the toilet bowl which is believed to break down the clogs faster than water alone. Allow to stand for some minutes and flush but make provision for a likely overflow or spillover if it fails to unclog.
- The application of Baking Soda and vinegar to resolve clogged toilet is a little science trick. A cup of baking soda poured first into the clogged toilet with one cup of vinegar produces a chemical reaction that which breaks down the clog.
- Alas! Get a plunger, which is the perfect tool for the job. Plungers are of various types such as the typical standard cup-type and a (funnel-shaped) flange plunger which provides more seal and suction over the drain hole than the former. Make sure your plunger is soft and not stiff by soaking under hot water to tender before use. Getting the right angle with the plunger during plunging is also important to avoid a story that touches the heart. Repeat your actions with the plunger until the water clears from the toilet.
- Finally, if the plunger does not do the job, it would be best to use an Auger. Augers are cable –like equipment available in local stores and can snake through your toilet hole into the drain. Using an auger is simple but requires basic instruction such as snaking the auger’s cable end down the hole, turning the crank at the other end until it stops. The auger either breaks the clog or hooks it and if you are fortunate to hook the clog, slowing draws it out. Use a plunger to clear the remaining clog further and flush at intervals.
- In case your auger and plunger can resolve the clog, you may have a clogged main line that where we come in as certified and competent professionals at A Plus plumbing services.
Clogging can necessarily be averted, especially if you have kids by teaching them the do’s and don’ts of the toilet, weekly routine toilet clean up will mitigate buildup and go easy on paper or pads.